A thumping solution for the poor souls who miss the thump!!
The AVL's or the aluminium engine bullets has quenched the thirst of lot of bullet crazy boys. Many first timers of Royal enfield enthusiasts prefer to go for this model because of the normal positioning of the gear/ brake lever, its reliability and higher cruising speed. But the price they have to pay is the lack of thump which only a traditional bullet having cast iron core gives.
I too was someone who was worried about this. But then my friends in the riding club offered a solution.
A GOLDSTAR silencer. (The name of which is derived from the old timer BSA Goldstar)
My machismo had come with a long bottle silencer as shown in this picture.
To satisfy some emission norms there are some barriers inside this long bottle silencer which will let the air out in a zig zag manner only, resulting in dampened sound, due to which the engine noise is more audible than the regular thump of the bullet.
The goldstar silencer or the Goldie does not have any baffles inside it and the unique shape of the silencer ensures adequate back pressure and once fitted the difference is really amazing.
There is no need to replace the bent pipe.
My bull with the Goldie.
Once Goldie is fitted the changes I experienced are
- Feeling of a sense of freedom
- I'm revving up further automatically & I'm feeling more power
- The thump definitely has gone up. If driven sedately then sound is very less.
- The most significant note which I liked was the thump while revving up from a constant speed
- Earlier while driving I felt that the engine is tooo light. That feeling is now gone away.....
GOLDIE REALLY ROCKSS......!!!
Purchase price: 2K
Note: With Goldie one could get a sound like thump, only a standard bullet can give out the thumping sound